I want to be more intentional about my reading. This means keeping a record of the books I read including their authors and perhaps a few lines of their basic premise.
These are the books I recall reading so far:
- Sapiens a Brief History of Human Kind by Noah Harari: I read this half way. Need to check out again and finish
- Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. Clarke: Finished
- Childhood’s End by Arthur C. Clarke: Finished
- No God but God by Reza Aslan: Read this half way. Need to finish.
- The Truth: An Uncomfortable Book About Relationships by Neil Strauss: Read more than halfway. Don’t think I’ll read this.
- Sophies’ World by Jostein Gaarder: Read it at least a quarter of the way. I might revisit.
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood: Read this halfway. Don’t think I’ll revisit.
- The Garden of Truth by Seyyed Hossein Nasir: Still reading.
Even though I haven’t finished many of the books I still got the benefit of being exposed to the ideas. I think Moving forward I’ll write a little about each one so I can evaluate whether I really absorbed the material and how well it resonated with me.